Resilience Grant Program
, Wednesday 31 December 1969 - 19:00:00
SMALL BUSINESS RESILIENCE GRANT PROGRAM
The purpose of Small Business Resilience Grant Program is for the City of Portland to enable local businesses to defray a portion of their expenses or recoup a portion of their lost revenue and resume operations according to the prevailing recommendations of the State Government.
The Mayor’s Office requests the City Council to use $150,000 of EDIT funds for the program. Additional funds may be requested in the event all $150,000 is awarded. View the Executive Order HereOpens a New Window.
• Business Eligibility
- Must be a for-profit business located within the city limits of Portland.
- Must have 30 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
- Must be current on all property taxes.
- Must have filed taxes as a business in 2019.
• Use of Grant Funds
- Cleaners, disinfectants, etc. for business location not covered by other programs.
- COVID-19 signage in businesses for revised business practices.
- PPE related to COVID (masks, face shields, etc.) not covered by other programs.
- Reimbursement for Property Tax for period of restricted business (i.e. operations restricted 8 weeks out of 52 = 8/52 times property tax for the year).
- Payroll not reimbursed by Federal PPP.
- Utility bills for restricted business period not reimbursed by PPP.
- Payment of rent/mortgage not reimbursed by PPP. Affected Months only.
- Inventory spoilage from forced business closure/restrictions. Limited to cost of inventory - not retail value.
- Losses due to being closed for seasonal merchandise/services (as compared to 80% of same period last year).
- Lost revenue due to decline in business.
• Grant Application Period
- Applications will be accepted from 8AM on 8/18/20 through 5PM on 10/31/20 or until all funding has been awarded.
- Applications will be reviewed and awarded or rejected in the order they are received.
• Required Documentation
- Description of how COVID affected the business
- Documentation of requested funds:
- Proof of lost revenue.
- Example: Profit/loss sheet from March-August of 2019 vs 2020 showing a difference in revenue
- Proof of expenses.
- Examples: Receipts/invoices for cleaning supplies, PPE, COVID signage, utility bills, property tax bill, etc.
- Proof of rejection or ineligibility for the PPP will be reviewed if requesting funds for an item covered by PPP (payroll, rent/mortgage, utilities)
- Federal ID#
- Completed W-9 form
- Copy of front-page of 2019 business tax return (may obscure social security number to protect sensitive information)
- Grants are limited to $1,250 per business.
- Only one grant per business is permitted.
- Funds are strongly recommended to be spent in Portland when possible.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- Supporting documentation (Federal ID#, W-9, tax return, receipts, invoices, etc) are encouraged to be dropped off at the Portland Water Office drive through/night drop box. Any documents left with the water office should be in a sealed envelope marked “Attention Small Business Resilience Grant”.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Portland Economic Development Income Tax Advisory Committee
- Incomplete applications will be returned without review.
- Incomplete documentation for any funding request will eliminate that specific request from consideration.
The application is available via the following link:
Small Business Resilience Grant Application
Questions or concerns may be directed to:
@ | 726-9395 ext. 221
Revision date 8/17/2020
this content item is from City of Portland, Indiana
( https://thecityofportland.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.80 )