Portland Police Department Opening
, Thursday 12 July 2018 - 08:19:27
The Portland Police Department is taking applications for full-time police officers.DOWNLOAD APPLICATION Opens a New Window
The Portland Police Department has a competitive starting salary at $38,190.36 with the opportunity to earn overtime pay.
Health insurance is 90 /10 with $500.00 per person deductible per person or a $750.00 deductible for family. Prescription medication coverage and free Teledoc access after 30 days. Insurance coverage for a family is $100.00 per month.
Paid sick days, personal time, Vacation time and holidays.
Applications can be picked up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at The Portland Police Department or downloaded from our website here Opens a New Window.
Applications must be turned back into the Portland Police Department or by email to Chief Nathan Springer Opens a New Window by July 27th.
Agility testing will be held on July 28th at 9:00am.
- Application for Employment
- Background Questionnaire
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of High School Diploma
- Enforce all relevant city codes, ordinances, and state laws
- Respond to calls for police service, both emergency and non-emergency
- Patrol assigned locations on foot and by vehicle in order to prevent and discover crime
- Enforce traffic regulations, recognize violations, and issue citations
- Secure and investigate crime scenes, and collect and preserve evidence
- Makes arrests in accordance with proper apprehension techniques
- Complete appropriate reports, forms, logs, and citations
- Testify in court when subpoenaed
- Provide emergency aid as needed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Must be between 21 and 36 years of age at hire.
- Successful completion of police officer training academy with in first year of hire.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass a physical agility test
- Excellent judgment and physical stamina
this content item is from City of Portland, Indiana
( https://thecityofportland.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.61 )