Portland Police Department Opening
, Monday 24 May 2021 - 17:05:11
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION Opens a New Window
The Portland Police Department is taking applications for full-time police officers ($46,391k a year).
- Excellent Insurance plan of 90/10 coverage; $500 deduct for single/ $750 deduct for family coverage.
- Excellent Dental
- Police/Fire 1977 Retirement Fund Pension
Applications can be picked up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at The Portland Police Department or downloaded from our website here.Opens a New Window
Applications must be turned back into the Portland Police Department no later than June 11th, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please include (for all positions):
- Application for Employment
- Background Questionnaire
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of High School Diploma
Responsibilities (for all positions)
- Enforce all relevant city codes, ordinances, and state laws
- Respond to calls for police service, both emergency and non-emergency
- Patrol assigned locations on foot and by vehicle in order to prevent and discover crime
- Enforce traffic regulations, recognize violations, and issue citations
- Secure and investigate crime scenes, and collect and preserve evidence
- Makes arrests in accordance with proper apprehension techniques
- Complete appropriate reports, forms, logs, and citations
- Testify in court when subpoenaed
- Provide emergency aid as needed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Must be between 21 and 36 years of age at hire.
- Successful completion of police officer training academy with in first year of hire.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass a physical agility test (June 12th)
- Excellent judgment and physical stamina
The City of Portland is an EOC - Equal Opportunity Employer
this content item is from City of Portland, Indiana
( https://thecityofportland.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.61 )